Open Door was founded by a group of volunteers in 1972, and volunteers remain a vital part of the Open Door culture today. Open Door Volunteers consistently demonstrate that when you help one person, you can strengthen an entire community.
Open Door offers long-term opportunities to volunteer as well as one-day events. We value the important partnerships of non-profits, businesses, schools, community groups and faith-based organizations. Volunteers must be over the age of 16 unless accompanied by an adult.
If you have questions or would like further information please contact Jane Levy, Senior Manager of Volunteer Programs at 914-502-1468 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Deliver food to patients unable to leave their homes due to illness or quarantine
- Package fresh fruits and vegetables to support our Green Thumb nutrition program
- Greet and screen patients at the entrance of a medical center
- Administrative Assistance
- Host a drive to collect newborn essentials
- Sort and organize donated baby clothes
- Organize our library of donated books
- Host a Book Drive
- Assist with data entry, scanning, community outreach and special events
- Host a toy drive
- Sort, organize and distribute toys
COLLECT GOODS TO HELP OUR FAMILIES
In-kind donations bring much-needed resources to Open Door families.
Sponsor an in-kind campaign to support patient programs. New donated items are needed for the prenatal program, school-based programs, Reach Out and Read and Holiday Toy Drive.
Be creative. Host a game night, bake sale, car wash, knitting club, engage employees with a matching drive, create a drive for your birthday. Below is a Cause Awareness Calendar to help spark ideas and themes to support your efforts.