Open Door was founded by a group of volunteers in 1972, and volunteers remain a vital part of the Open Door culture today. Open Door Volunteers consistently demonstrate that when you help one person, you can strengthen an entire community.
Open Door offers long-term opportunities to volunteer as well as one-day events. We value the important partnerships of non-profits, businesses, schools, community groups and faith-based organizations. Volunteers must be over the age of 15.
If you have questions or would like further information please contact Jane Levy, Senior Manager of Volunteer Programs at 914-502-1468 or email@example.com.
CURRENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Deliver food to patients unable to leave their homes due to illness or quarantine
- Package fresh fruits and vegetables to support our Green Thumb nutrition program
- Greet and screen patients at the entrance of a medical center
- Observe patients following COVID vaccination
- Host a drive to collect newborn essentials
- Sort and organize donated baby clothes
- Organize our library of donated books
- Host a Book Drive
- Assist with data entry, scanning, community outreach and special events
- Host a toy drive
- Sort, organize and distribute toys
COLLECT GOODS TO HELP OUR FAMILIES
In-kind donations bring much-needed resources to Open Door families.
Sponsor an in-kind campaign to support patient programs. New donated items are needed for the prenatal program, school-based programs, Reach Out and Read and Holiday Toy Drive.
Be creative. Host a game night, bake sale, car wash, knitting club, engage employees with a matching drive, create a drive for your birthday. Below is a Cause Awareness Calendar to help spark ideas and themes to support your efforts.