Volunteer Application RequirementsMany Open Door programs rely on the support of both ongoing and occasional volunteers. As a health organization, we have several volunteer requirements that must be completed for volunteers prior to working on an ongoing basis in our health centers and administrative offices. Candidates for ongoing volunteer positions and college internships must have a social security or permanent resident number.
- Ongoing volunteers must be an adult, college student or high school student age 15 or older
- Volunteers 18 years and older will have a background check performed by Open Door
- Medical clearance requires documentation of Immunizations
- Completion of an online OHSA training
- Sign a Volunteer Service Agreement and Pledge of Confidentiality
- Open Door currently only offers college internships.
- Open Door does not offer shadowing of medical professionals or clinical experience.
- Open Door is not able to use medical professional volunteers in direct patient care.