We wish all of our volunteers a very HAPPY NATIONAL VOLUNTEER MONTH!
A Message from Jane Levy, Senior Manager of Volunteer Programs
Volunteers are a vital part of the success of Open Door. You – an Open Door Volunteer – demonstrate that when you help one person, you strengthen an entire community.
During this challenging past year, volunteers, including you, improved the lives of so many. Every action, no matter how small, had a significant impact on an individual.
Together, you generously provided over 2,500 hours of service!
- You held 55 toy drives to ensure the children of over 1,250 families had a very merry holiday season filled with toys, books, and pajamas.
- You donated 8,000 baby necessities and diapersto ensure that over 350 young children could have a healthful, safe start in life.
- You filled bags with over 4,000 pounds of nutritious food to keep our community healthy and strong.
- You played a crucial role, assisting Open Door staff by screening patients at the entrance of our Medical Centers and helping with administrative tasks.
- reducing health disparities in our community.
You did all this and more!
Fifty years ago, a group of volunteers from Ossining founded Open Door to provide compassionate, quality health care, regardless of ability to pay. Open Door has expanded throughout Westchester and Putnam Counties, but our commitment to ensure that all families have the resources for lifelong wellness has remained the same. In 1972, 1,000 patients visited Open Door. In 2021, over 62,000 individual patients received care.
Thank you from all of us at Open Door for your compassion, commitment, and support.